Photo with 1 note
Lineart of my upcoming watercolor work. Might fix things when my eyes stops being bleary.
Characters are from Zellij Stars, arabian nights roleplaying forum I’m currently active in. Kamal (short hair, mine) is a sickly prince in coalition with Arsalan (uber long hair, Rudh’s) a slimy palace administrator. They work together to gain higher ranks in the palace. Politics ahoy, both in the palace halls and their bedchambers.. You know what I mean.
Yahoo is trying to buy tumblr. Reblog if you are against this!
Such a fantastic resource!!
omg amazing art resource! *u*
Hi everyone!!! This is an art supplies giveaway for me reaching an amount of followers I said I’d do a giveaway at!
Here are the things you’ll be getting, as you can see from the photo!
- 6” by 10” Sketchbook for both wet and dry media
- A bottle of ink, you pick the color, I’ll order it from a specific site
- A fountain pen that comes with the ink from the same site
- 11 colors of Cotman Winsor & Newton watercolors
- 3 brushes
- A drawing of a subject of your choice to go on the first page! You might want to check my art out if you’re unfamiliar with me to see what types of things I usually do
And that’s that. I don’t use any of those watercolor tubes anymore, as I’ve replaced them each with higher quality tubes, so I thought: why not give them away? And I like the fountain pen I’ve been using so much that I think I’d like someone else to try it, too. I’ve also replaced the three brushes I’ve included here, so I don’t need those, either. And a drawing for good measure.
Here are the rules! Please follow these:
- No giveaway blogs. I want more people to actually see this and have a chance at getting something; a lot of artists don’t have a lot of money…
- Reblogs enter you, and a Like helps. You can’t just like - but you can do both to double your chances of just reblogging (if it falls on someone who liked it, I’ll check to see if they reblogged it)
- I’ll be checking the blog that wins to see if you’re an active blog.
- You gotta use these after they arrive! I obviously can’t enforce this, but I want to see people not being timid! Make art! That’s what these are for. I know a thing that stops a lot of people is being scared they’ll mess up and waste expensive supplies… but if this is a gift, that shouldn’t matter!
- This ends on May 24th. If I send an ask and you don’t respond within 2 days, I’ll ask the next person, and so on.
- I will ship anywhere. I’ll pay the shipping.
I think that’s everything. Have fun!!! Good luck!
Photoset reblogged from with 25,329 notes
oh MY GOD
Now I see where Snivy came from..
The MET has got some wonderful, fully illustrated textbooks that are available online for free! (X)
- Art of the Islamic World
- The Art of Africa
- The Art of Ancient Egypt
- The Art of the Ancient Near East
- The Art of Renaissance Europe
- The Art of South and Southeast Asia
- The Arts of Korea
- Auguste Rodin: The Burghers of Calais
- Greek Art from Prehistoric to Classical
- Islamic Art and Geometric Design: Activities for Learning
- A Masterwork of Byzantine Art — The Story of David and Goliath
- Medieval Art
- Nature Within Walls: The Chinese Garden Court at The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Roman Art
WOW take advantage of this please free knowledge is the best knowledge take it from someone who has to pay lots of money for education
I found this relephant to our interests.
Pinterest user p8ronella has collected a handy array of reference, lovingly organized. Click to go through!
The screen cap I took of the first albums doesn’t do the vast collection justice. You’ll see! There’s a lot of periods and places packed in there.
Does Kate Beaton have a Pinterest? I’ve set up boards for my students to follow and I’d love to have her added as a resource.
I do! There’s absolutely nothing on it, it’s a hilarious non-entity, like your dad’s facebook account. I keep meaning to do it, though, instead of using tumblr as a pinterest in a way. Tumblr’s archiving is terrible! It would be cool to have some organization for reference things. I will let you know when there is anything worth looking at!
Photo with 2 notes
At the Earth she gaze, the beautiful planet that was once her home..
watercolor, color pencil, pencil, eraser, white pen, gold poster color
Wulan means ‘moon’ in Javanese languange.
This is my take of Princess Kaguya’s lore, infusing it with Javanese and Balinese elements.
The composition is inspired by a panel in Petshop of Horrors, on side-story “Flowers, the Detective and the Detective’s Little Brother”.
It’s finally done.. *flops*
Page 1 of 31